This weekend is the Renegade Craft Fair in Wicker Park and I am super stoked to go. I am a big fan of finding one-of-a-kind pieces with some spunk made from local artisans. Plus, being in the events business myself I like to show support to other events and the industry.
I went to the Handmade Market back in December and came out with a slew of gifts (what up Alapash & White Nest), so now with a new house (**hopefully**) on the way, I will be on the hunt to fill those blank walls. I think it is important to fill your house with pieces that have a story to tell – a family heirloom, a souvenir from a vacation, or something with some character. Here are a few of this weekend’s vendors that I am looking forward to scouting out:
- Cartografika – hoping to go with a map-themed basement (my friends didn’t nickname me Cartesian Kristy for nothin), so these super cool prints would fit in juuuuuust right.
- CHC – these bags are so perfect it hurts.
- Leroy’s Place – omg Hall & Oates earrings? I could go for that…no? More about my love for H&O later.
- Line and Shape Ceramics – I think layering different textures on each other is the key to a unique space and these vases have a LOT of texture – and are very different.
- Sarah Mimo Clocks – I mean, just look at these. Want.
- Studio Chris – vintage-esque posters for each Chicago neighborhood. I see you Humbolt Park.
- Territory Design – Beautiful, handcrafted pieces from all over the globe with proceeds going back to the local artisans
- Yoder’s Wooded Lot – love me some salvaged wood functional pieces
- speaking of salvaged wood, I also heard that the Rebuilding Exchange’s in-shop line, RX Made will be making an appearance at the fair.