We had an awesome photographer come by last weekend to shoot some photos of our home – and these photos are just the push I needed to finally get myself in gear and give the photo tour I promised (yes, I know you were all losing sleep).
Alas, low and behold, our magical black and white kitchen!
We are so thrilled with how the kitchen came out (the whole house, really), but the kitchen really is the heart of the home. When designing the floor plan, we knew we wanted a large island space for entertaining and – let me tell you – our friends flock to the island like a moth does to a flame (or however that saying goes). We also love the openness of the kitchen; the path flows from the entrance right through the kitchen to the family room without anything cutting up your way. And then there is the storage – OH the storage! Not even kidding, just the cabinets to the left of the sink is more than we had in our condo! It is scary, though, how quickly all these cabinets are getting filled… Anyways, we love pretty much everything about our kitchen. It is such a happy and bright space that I even enjoy cooking now. Please check out the finish guide below.
- Counters: Danby Marble (made in Vermont; more durable than most marble)
- Cabinet Paint: Sherwin Williams Black Magic – SW 6991
- Hardware: Gilded Bronze – LOVE the pop of gold against the black
- Pendant Lights: Restoration Hardware Vintage Barn Lights in Weathered Zinc (RH frequently has 30% off lighting)
- Counter Stools: Restoration Hardware Outlet* (Milwaukee) French Cafe Stools in Weathered Oak
*If you are lucky to have an RH Outlet store within a decent drive, it is well worth it! Once you are there, join their e-mail list. They have on-going sales all the time (30% off dining, 40% off entire store). I would call and ask about the inventory before making the drive. We got our stools for $60!)
- Counters: Jet Mist Granite, Honed (incredibly durable with an awesome matte finish; similar look to soapstone)
- Cabinet Paint: Sherwin Williams Extra White – SW 7006
- Hardware: Venetian Bronze
- Back splash: IO Subway Tile in Ice with bright white grout
- Wall paint: Sherwin Williams Alabaster – SW 7008 (the perfect warm, but clean white)
- Floors: Red oak with 50% Pickled Oak/50% Classic Grey Minwax (note the photo exposures makes them seem a bit lighter than in real life).
- Appliances: KitchenAid
Are you working on your kitchen? Have any burning questions? I am happy to help!! But in the mean time, bon appétit!